This week’s Spinning workout is a type of simulation from the Time Megeve cycling Race that I competed in while living in Paris in 2011 and 2012. The profile of the workout incorporates four large mountainous hills offset by downhill fast pace as well as a set of jumps in the middle. If you are a spinning instructor you can download the playmix and try and incorporate this workout into one of your classes. If you are a cyclist you can give this workout a try on the home trainer and if you are a gym goer you can try it on the stationary bike.
The photo below is from the 2011 Time Megeve Cycling Race
1) Ellie Goulding, Lights Warm up 3:32
2) Kenny Loggins, Danger Zone 3:36 (Hill 1 of the series of 4). Add 6 gears or increases throughout the song.
3) Evanescence, Call me when you’re sober (Continuation of Hill 1). Add 4 additional gears
4) Chris Brown, Turn up the Music 3:49 Down hill
5) Ozzy Osbourne, Crazy Train 4:50 (Hill #2) Add 6 total gears throughout the song
6) Lady Gaga, Applause 8 count jumps on refrain 3 sets
7) Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer 4:11 Hill #3 (Add 15 total gears throughout the 3 songs)
8) Journey, Separate Ways 5:26 Continuation of Hill
9) Fall out boy, The Phoenix continue hill and on the refrain work three sprints at 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00
10) Finger Eleven, Paralyzer Hill #4 (Add 10 gears throughout the hill climb)
11) Volbeat, Still Counting continue hill for .50 seconds then a quick surge and a very fast push
12) Swedish House Mafia, Don’t you worry child grab a drink & cyclists choice. Basically tell students to gear up for the final push song.
13) Pitbull, Feel this moment 3 powerful sprints
14) Journey, Don’t Stop Believing Start of cool down
15) Neil Diamond, Sweet Caroline Finish cool down and stretch