This week’s spin mix is titled “ALS Spin Mix” for the upcoming Spin-A-Thon next Saturday March 4th to benefit David Leys who has been fighting ALS since 2012. The Spin-a-thon will be hosted at the Newport Athletic Club on Saturday March 4, 2017 from 7:30am to 4:30pm. I will be teaching the 9:00am-10:30am slot. This is a great opportunity to get in a hardcore workout while also giving back to a great cause. If you are unable to attend or if spinning isn’t your thing, there will also be other ways to give such as a silent auction that will be held the same day at the NAC with a bunch of great items being raffled off including vacation and spa packages.
David Leys, a fellow triathlete similar to those of you who are reading this blog, started to notice that he wasn’t able to swim and run as fast and noticed a few other unusual things happening which led to the discovery that he had ALS. His story is truly an inspiration and despite everything that David is going through, his spirits are high and he is appreciative of all of the family and friends that he has in his corner. Watch this video to learn about David Leys life and journey (A true inspiration).
If you are interested in contributing in any way, contact the Newport Athletic Club at 401-846-7723.
For this weeks ride what you can expect is 4 Mountainous Hills which reminds me of the Chamonix Mont Blanc Ride that I used to love back when I was living in Paris.
- Shine, Collective Soul: Warm Up, 5:06
- Michael Constantino, 2000-2016 Mash up: Switch Positions 3:35
- The Goo Goo Dolls, Iris: Hill Climb 4:50 1st Climb 5 Minutes
- Red One, Don’t you need Somebody: 3:27 Pick ups
- John Legend, Love me now, 3:30 2nd Climb 7:30
- Survivor, Eye of the Tiger 4:04 Continue 2nd Climb
- Sheppard, Geronimo: 3:38 Sprints
- Talking Heads, Burning Down the House, 4:02 Hand Position 3
- Local H, Bound for the Floor: 3:43 3rd Climb 7 Minutes
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Scar Tissue: 3:36 Continue 3rd Climb
- Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson, Just Hold on: 3:18, Sprints & Speed at 0:36, 1:07
- The Eighty Ballad Group, Heaven is a place on earth: 3:55, 4th Climb
- The Doobie Brothers, Listen to the music, 5:01 Continue Climb
- Spada & Elen Levon, Cool Enough, 2:59
- Clean Bandit, Rockabye: Run, 4:10
- George Michael (2010 Remastered) Faith: 3:12, Cool Down